Date:      Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:41:39 +0700 (NOVST)
From:      Alexey Privalov <lucky@land3.nsu.ru>
To:        "Matthew K. Cowger" <mcowger@bowdoin.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2 NICs

you can see in LINT:

device          xl              # 3Com 3c90x (``Boomerang'', ``Cyclone'')
device          vx              # 3Com 3c590, 3c595 (``Vortex'')
device	 	ep		# ep: 3Com 3C509
device 		el		# el: 3Com 3C501 (slow!)

'xx' - name of driver

i`m using 3c509 (ep) and have some problems (for example: when a traffic a big
i receive strange message: "no buffer space available" for this device)
in nearest future i hope change this card to 3c900 (xl)

G`luck