Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:00:29 +0100
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dell, Nvidia Geforce2Go, APM, display faint

Strange, I'm only observing this, when I run FreeBSD on my notebook.
(I have other OSs on it, Redhat Linux 7.1, Windows ME, Windows 2000 Pro)

When I leave my Dell Inspiron 8000, 1600x1200 display, 1Ghz P IV,
Nvidia GeForce2Go, with X11 (xdm) on and unattended for a while and then come
back (after an hour or so), the screen is quite irregularly darkened.
It first looks like a blanked screen, but looking closer, the left half
of the screen is quite dark and from the middle on to the right it's a bit
less dark, xterm and graphics is recognizable but very faint.

Powercycling the notebook doesn't cure the problem.

Could it be an overheating problem (Nvidia driver)?

I have switched off the notebook for 10 minutes now and after having
launched this message I will turn back to it and try to get normal brightness
again (BIOS?).

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kukulies@rwth-aachen.de