Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:57:31 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        P Bielecki <pawciobiel@gmail.com>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: packages with security vulnerabilities

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> I still don't understand what you claim is the problem :)  We do not
> specially update packages like perl; rather, *every* package is
> frequently rebuilt and updated.

If I understood the question correctly, I think the OP is asking about
the frequency of rebuilding packages with security updates. In which
case your answer is still correct, but leads to a new question, which is
would it be possible to trigger an update for a port that has a security
update sooner?

Doug