Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 2018 17:17:59 -0500
From:      Stephen Cook <sclists@gmail.com>
To:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
Cc:        Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>, "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>, deb@freebsdfoundation.org, freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD has a politics problem

On 2018-03-05 15:51, Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 02:48:26PM -0500, Stephen Cook wrote:
>> The problem with the Foundation sponsoring a CoC is that a small group
>> of extremists forced their way in to generate and implement their own
>> set of rules, secretly.
>
> This is exactly not what happened.

Points of view will differ. Last I heard, there was a debate over
whether it was appropriate or not to even have a CoC. Now it already
exists, and is very obviously written by SJWs.

>> I suspect from the lack of response to my earlier question that I
>> accidentally paid for this when I thought I was donating to help develop
>> an OS.
>
> An alternate explanation is that people are tired of going through every
> sentence of every post about this, word by word, and trying to respond
> in a way that cannot possibly be misconstrued.

I haven't seen many posts about this, maybe you mean in the secret
mailing list?

It is a simple yes or no question, did money donated to the foundation
pay these people to write this trash? I am not the first nor only one to
ask. There is nothing to misconstrue or dance around. I cannot find this
information on the site.

> tl:dr; your conclusion is wrong.

Some transparency would help people better understand what is going on.

> I myself have neither the time nor motivation to respond to every single
> message on this subject; it's demotivating.  I suspect most of the posters
> have already made up their minds, in any case.

But you had time and motivation to respond to mine... To say I am wrong
and that I do not deserve a response to my question, because everyone is
tired of defending themselves after dumping on the community for the
benefit of some activists.

-- Stephen