Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2000 23:23:29 GMT
From:      Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
To:        imp@village.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA insertion

>: An IRQ is being assigned to the PCIC but no interrupts are generated.

>Sadly, not all IRQs can be routed with the Libretto {5,7}0CT.  IIRC,
>10 worked for me.

I'm using 10 for the sound chip, I'll try some others though.

I think what was happening with 2.2.8-STABLE was that the boot
messages made it look as if IRQ 5 was assigned to the PCIC but
the cards would only be detected by the timeout routine.

In 3.4-STABLE the timer is only started if no IRQ is assigned.

Robert