Date:      Tue, 04 Oct 2005 22:34:30 -0400
From:      Lee Parsons <pars0080@umn.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thinkpad resume issues in 5.4

I had previously ran my Freebsd 5.3 on my thinkpad R32, where I had
compiled acpi (but not apm) into my kernel.  Under that configuration, I
could use the 'zzz' command to sleep my system, and it would wake by
opening the lid.
Doing the same in 5.4 has not worked.  I again compiled acpi but not apm
into my kernel.  However, when I try to resume by opening the lid, my
system comes back up in a mostly non-responsive state.  By that, I mean
that the keyboard evokes some resonse (caps lock, for example...), but I
cannot actually do anything useful.  Furthermore, my colors (in X) are
mostly reversed.  There is no mouse response at all.

I have seen other comments on the contents of sysctl.conf.  I checked my
/etc/sysctl.conf and there are no uncommented lines in there.

I'm not sure what to do.  Otherwise, 5.4 is working well.