Date:      Sat, 4 Jun 2005 12:30:11 GMT
From:      Derek <derekm.nospam@rogers.com>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/72960: BTX halted with Promise Tx2000 Raid

The following reply was made to PR i386/72960; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Derek <derekm.nospam@rogers.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, gavers@mac.com
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 08:29:04 -0400

 This issue still remains on 5.4-RELEASE.

 Also, PR i386/64697 is describing the _exact_ same symptoms with the
 BTX, and can probably be closed or merged with this one.

  From my experience, this isn't the same as i386/63828 (at least by the
 subject line).  I say this because the BTX halted happens right at boot,
 not during install.  However Terrence Koeman's data corruption probably
 is.  I experience no data corruption, or instabillity problems during
 install, or while running the machine installed.  I've built the jdk-1.5
 using an SMP kernel, while surfing the web, and listening to MP3s in
 Gnome, no problems.

 Derek