Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2001 02:12:02 GMT
From:      dwm@caimis.com
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/24648: New port: IBM's icu (International Components for Unicode)

>Number:         24648
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       New port: IBM's icu
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

	This is a quick port of IBM's icu.  The sole intent of this port
	at the moment is to support Xerces 1.3.0 (another port which should
	arrive shortly).
	Note that currently we don't build the shared libraries due to a
	problem that looks to be related to constructors called for global
	objects in pthreaded applications.  I haven't chased this down,
	but I don't see the problem on 4.2-RELEASE with initial testing,
	and it only happens on 4.1-RELEASE when they're called via rtld.