Date:      Wed, 3 Feb 1999 20:21:53 +0200 (EET)
From:      ts@polynet.lviv.ua
To:        Igor Sysoev <igor@nitek.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HELP: Dial-UP server FAQs

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Igor Sysoev wrote:

> > I try to build Dial-UP server on FreeBSD.
> > Is there any FAQs on that subject ?
>
> At http://www.nitek.ru/~igor/pppd/ you can find
> how to setup pppd in Russian.

Seems all the problems I had were connected with usage of cuaaX
instead of ttydX. By the way, do you know the difference between
cuaaX and ttydX ?

Also, I would like to ask you how can I initialize the line,
accually the modem with your Dial-UP server scenario ?

I have the internal modem [USR Sportser w/ FAX] which seems does not
remember his setup after save [AT&W].
Anyway, I'd like to do some modem initialization when getty starts.
I've used /etc/gettytab to make my own aka std.38400 with 'ic' string
which works pretty well with /dev/cuaaX but does not with /dev/ttydX.

You say that part "tuning the ports" is not ready on the web page,
I think this is what I need. Please, help me.

Thank you.

==
Yaroslav Terletsky