Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:59:34 -0700
From:      Michelle <tristan11@mindspring.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   natd question

i am running freebsd 4.6.2.  i have 2 nic cards on the machine, one
which is the external interface and connects to a router which connects
to dsl.  the other is internal interface for our subnet.  i have
enabled natd on the machine, but still cannot get packets out when on
the subnet.  i can ssh to the external interface, but can't ssh to a
machine that is outside of our network.  i checked ps aux to make sure
natd is running and checked the firewall rules to make sure the natd
divert rule is there.  is there something else i need to configure?