Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2000 22:03:06 +0200
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
Cc:        Mark.Andrews@nominum.com, "Morten A. Middelthon" <morten@freenix.no>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BIND 8.2.3-T5B in RELENG_4 source

-On [20000705 12:01], Doug Barton (DougB@gorean.org) wrote:
>Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:
>
>> However since
>> 8.2.3-t5b has been rockstable for me for quite some time now and fixes
>> quite a few bugs which are present in 8.2.2-p5, this was a motivator for
>> me to give Paul Saab a yes on the Merge From CURRENT.
>
>	FWIW, I do most of my work with DNS, and I support this change.
>Assuming that the gold version of 8.2.3 is out before 4.1-RELEASE, I'd
>like to see that included if at all possible, but more stability and
>less bugs is always a good goal. :)

Thanks.

I held back on purpose of the MFC for a long time since I felt better
MFC'ing the released 8.2.3.  However looking through the code and the
bugs it fixed with regard to 8.2.2-p5 I felt that this was a genuine
candidate for MFC'ing.  I am against early beta MFC'ing, but this one is
(one of) the last release candidates before the release and solves
problem I experienced myself as well as reported to me by others.

I understand Mark's sentiment and will remember even more clearly with
the next import(s).  Last thing I want is to make his work even harder,
that is certainly not my desire.
If we manage to get 8.2.3 released before 4.1 goes RELEASE I will most
certainly make sure it gets MFC'd just to complete the story.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok vd Werven/Asmodai    asmodai@[wxs.nl|bart.nl|freebsd.org]
Documentation nutter/C-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best