Date:      Thu, 03 Jan 2002 16:10:27 +0000 (WET)
From:      Daniel Leal <dleal@webvolution.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports and linux-62 and linux-7

Hi!

I am running some programs in my freebsd that need linux emulation. Such as linux-netscape47 and others. These programs all need the linux emulation linux_base-62. But I wish to install, for example, staroffice-6. This program needs linux_base-7!! If I try to install staroffice-6 from the ports, I got a compatibility error.
Is there a way to run apps that need diferent versions of the linux emulation?
What can I do to try some programs that depend of linux-7 whitout deinstall other that need linux-62?

Thanks,
        daniel.