Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:02:48 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Doug Poland" <doug@polands.org>
To:        "Christian Hiris" <4711@chello.at>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gmirror: replacing failed disks

>> GEOM_MIRROR: Component ad4 (device gm0s1) broken, skipping.
>> GEOM_MIRROR: Cannot add disk ad4 to gm0s1 (error=22).
>
> You can set 'kern.geom.mirror.debug=2' in /boot/loader.conf. This
> tells you more about what happens. I tested all this at a very early
> stage of development, so gmirror's behaviour might have changed.
> There is also a small chance that some bits in my brain got lost
> since I tested his :)

I set this while the OS is running.  GEOM_MIRROR responds every 5
seconds....

GEOM_MIRROR[1]: Disk ad6 (device gm0s1) marked as clean.
GEOM_MIRROR[2]: Metadata on ad6 updated.
GEOM_MIRROR[1]: Disk ad6 (device gm0s1) marked as dirty.
GEOM_MIRROR[2]: Metadata on ad6 updated.

Can I get gmirror to attempt to connect to ad4 again?  I tried an
atcontrol reinit 2, that didn't do it.  I also tried gmirror rebuild
gm0s1 ad4, but gmirror said: "No such provider: ad4".

--
Regards,
Doug