Date:      Fri, 08 Nov 2002 13:00:24 -0800
From:      bmah@freebsd.org (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
Cc:        bmah@freebsd.org, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   sparc64 release documentation

--==_Exmh_-1330720912P

Hi sparc-ers,

I've been perusing the sparc64 release documentation, and it looks like
there's a few things that can be updated.  To wit:

1.  The install documentation is kind of obsolete, now that there's a
real, running sysinstall.  I think the sequence of instructions is now
much closer to what i386, alpha, and pc98 use, which means we can
probably use the unified installation document for them now (with
suitable customization).

2.  The hardware list probably could use some updating too, but this
might be a little more useful if we could also cut over to the unified
hardware list.

Is there any interest in helping me update these things?  (I'm not a
sparc64 person, BTW.)  If so, I'll change the documentation files to use
the regular hardware and installation documents and let people go at it.
I can help with markup issues, if necessary, but I don't know much
about this platform.

The current state of release documentation (for all recent releases and
both currently-active development branches) can be found at:

http://people.freebsd.org/~bmah/relnotes/

Thanks in advance!

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-1330720912P