Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 12:09:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "joel@pibervision.com" <joel@pibervision.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sendmail delays when receiving mail

Hello Everyone -- thanks for your help in advance.

I'm running FreeBSD4.0Release.  When receiving mail from other smtp hosts,
sendmail seems to delay when the smtp connection is opened.  The mail
eventually is delivered, but not without delay.  I can tell this by
sending mail to the freebsd server, then watching "ps aux" until the mail
shows up.

On the other hand when I'm sending mail from the freebsd server to another
mail host, it is immediately delivered.

Thanks
joel@pibervision.com