Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 2008 05:28:03 -0900
From:      Beech Rintoul <beech@freebsd.org>
To:        michael <michael.copeland@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make release of current

On Thursday 27 November 2008 04:44:19 michael wrote:
> Beech Rintoul wrote:
> > On Wednesday 26 November 2008 20:40:21 michael wrote:
> >> will make release work for current? i've built a nice working system
> >> that i would like to be able to install on several identical machines.
> >
> > Yes, but read all the docs completely there are a number of options you
> > need, like telling it to use your source tree instead of CVS and if you
> > want to build packages etc.
> >
> > Beech
>
> Thanks, I've made a release before.. a long while ago in a galaxy far
> away... I was just wondering if current would work the same.
> Also, is it possible to make an iso containing a multi release? ie: i386
> and amd64?

Technically, but you'd have to burn it to a DVD and figure out how to choose
which to boot from. There are people combining all three to a DVD, but I
haven't built a release in awhile myself and have never tried making it into a
DVD. Burning a -CURRENT release is no problem, just source it from your src
tree. It's really no different than burning a regular release. There's no
problem burning both iso's the problem will be the boot sector.

Beech
Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech@FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://people.freebsd.org/~beech
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Skype: akbeech
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/7.0R/announce.html