Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 2006 09:41:56 +0100
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Chris <chrcoluk@gmail.com>
Cc:        Phil Regnauld <regnauld@catpipe.net>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can I pursuade someone to commit this patch? (Re: Multiple IP addresses in a jail.)

--RhUH2Ysw6aD5utA4

Dear current folk, I'm forwarding this thread from the -net list where I
asked the question, is it possible to have more than one IP address in a
jail?  The answer is yes, with Pawel's patch.  The question here is can
I pursuade anyone to commit this to head and MFC it please?  The
motivation is simple.  I need to run a second SSL web server inside of a
jail, however that needs another IP address because SSL is incompatible
with HTTP/1.1.

Thanks :).

Joe

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 03:40:33AM +0100, Chris wrote:
> On 28/06/06, Phil Regnauld <regnauld@catpipe.net> wrote:
> >Josef Karthauser (joe) writes:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I've got a jail on a machine running some web stuff and I need to add a
> >> second SSL web site to it.  This would mean binding another IP address
> >> to the jail.  Has anyone got a work around for this?
> >
> >       Yes, use Pawel's patches:
> >
> >       http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/jail_2006012001.patch
> >
> >       Older readme here:
> >
> >       http://garage.freebsd.pl/mijail5.README
> >

>=20
> these patches have been around a while, any reason why its not been
> ported to the base code? seems a trivial function to have, single ip
> jail is very limiting.
>=20
> thanks
>=20
> Chris
>=20
>=20

--=20
Josef Karthauser (joe@tao.org.uk)	       http://www.josef-k.net/
Physics Particle Theory (student)   http://www.pact.cpes.sussex.ac.uk/
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D An eclectic mix of fact an=
d theory. =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

--RhUH2Ysw6aD5utA4

--RhUH2Ysw6aD5utA4--