Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 1996 19:10:34 -0700 (MST)
From:      Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ncr scsi: overlapped commands attempted

  I'm wondering if anyone could lend me a quick clue here.  When I boot
up, I get:

ABORTED COMMAND asc:4e,0 Overlapped commands attempted

from an HP 2gb SCSI drive.  This happens under both -release and
-current.  I'd prefer to run -release or -stable on this machine.

Hardware:
P133 - 32 MB,  2 1gb NEC SCSI drives, 1 2gb HP SCSI drive
NCR wide SCSI controller
SMC EtherPower 10/100
No-name 512k VGA card.

The other two hard drives work perfectly.  The HP is detected by the NCR,
doesn't have a SCSI ID conflict, is the first drive in the chain.  The
last drive (one of the NECs) is terminated properly.  I can install the
system on the two NECs, but I'd really rather not go without the /usr
partition. :-)

Any suggestions?

--
angio@aros.net                Complete virtual hosting and business-oriented
system administration         Internet services.  (WWW, FTP, email)