Date:      Sat, 8 Nov 2003 10:13:14 +0100
From:      "Angelo Turetta" <aturetta@commit.it>
To:        "Autrijus Tang" <autrijus@autrijus.org>, "Quincey Koziol" <koziol@ncsa.uiuc.edu>, <demon@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD rt3 port

----- Original Message -----
From: "Autrijus Tang" <autrijus@autrijus.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2003 4:12 AM

>> one of its dependent ports needs was not brought in by 'portupgrade -rRN
rt3'.
>> Can this be added as a dependency for rt3?
>
> That is indeed so.  Dmitry, can you help me to commit the patch below?

( ..... )

>+BUILD_DEPENDS+=
${LOCALBASE}/bin/mysql_config:${PORTSDIR}/databases/mysql40-server \
>+
${SITE_PERL}/${PERL_ARCH}/DBD/mysql.pm:${PORTSDIR}/databases/p5-DBD-mysql

Looking at this dependency list, I remembered asking myself in the past: why
in the world must this port need mysql-server?
I think it should be perfectly OK to have the database running on another
server, and thus this port should better depend on mysql-client instead.

just my $.02

Angelo Turetta.