Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 1995 11:05:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Rashid Karimov." <rashid@haven.ios.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fatal traps 12 == shitty motherboard | memory ???

		Hi there ppl,

	Pretty often 2 absolutely identical systems crash ( kernel
	panics )  with the messageL

	Fatal trap 12 while in kernel mode
	supersuser read, page not present
	process - PID (  different all the times)

	What exactly does it mean:

	>> there is some bug in the kernel ( which I doubt, since kernel
	does intercept the exception) ?

	>> I've got shitty computers ( motherboard and/or memory) ?

	The systems are P120 Triton chipset, PCI SMC ethernet adapter,PCI
	Adaptec 2940, PCI SVGA trident ( no X11).

	I've upgraded the systems to 2.1 stable ( both kernel
	and binaries ).

	Any suggestions ? Any particular PC's brand to use ( the systems
	are _very heavily loaded : ~3000-4000 accounts on ea.,~50-70
	users on-line).

	Rashid