Date:      Fri, 24 Oct 1997 12:09:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Bob|007 <hippoman@videotron.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD question

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Bob|007 wrote:

> Ok, I really want/need to upgrade to FreeBSD 2.2.5

Cool!

> I got Windows 98 installed and 2 partitions : c:\ d:\

98??  I didn't think it was out yet.

Do you have two *disks* or two slices on one disk?

> I think I can dual boot into either Windows or Linux. But will it affect
> Windows ? All my main Graphic program/Word text etc are for Windows and
> my client files are for windows too. So I can't afford to delete it.

As long as you have available non-allocated space, you should be OK.

> If I'm not satisfied with FreeBSD/Linux can I safely delete it ?

Sure can.

> Last question : Is it easy to use ? Or will I have to slam a 20 pound
> book : The Basic commands for Linux, Volume 1 of 20

For FreeBSD you don't have to, but resources are available if you like.
The FreeBSD Handbook at http://www.freebsd.org/ is a good resource.  If
you like hardcopy, buy `The Complete FreeBSD' from Walnut Creek CDROM.
2.2.5 just came out, and you can pre-order your copy with the 2.2.5 CD.

> Thank you for your time. Looking forward to using Linux

Make up your mind, will ya? :-)