Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2019 01:11:44 +0000
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bz@FreeBSD.org>, "rgrimes@freebsd.org" <rgrimes@freebsd.org>
Subject:   use of #ifdef INET and #ifdef INET6 in the kernel sources

I thought (can't remember when/how I was told) that it was no longer
recommended to add
#ifdef INET
or
#ifdef INET6
to the kernel sources.

I'll admit I think #ifdef'ng code when it isn't necessary to get it to buil=
d makes the
code less readable and, as such, I prefer not to do this.

So, is this still recommended for blocks of code that only execute for the =
version
of IP, but will build for kernels that do not have the particular "options =
INET{6}"
in the kernel config?

If it is still recommended, I will do it, but I'll admit I don't understand=
 why it should
be done? (All it does is reduce the size of the executable by a small amoun=
t and
that doesn't seem significant to me.)

rick