Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 23:30:32 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        "Douglas K. Rand" <rand@meridian-enviro.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, bryanh@meridian-enviro.com
Subject:   Re: 3ware problems

> > If you've done this and you're still having problems, build the driver
> > with TWE_DEBUG enabled, and boot a kernel with DDB enabled.  Then, when
> > mysql sticks, break to DDB and say
> >
> > db> call twe_report
>
> Well, it took 6 hours, but we finally managed to get mysqd to stick again.
> Here is the output from twe_report:
>
> db> call twe_report
> twe0: status   57007720<CQEMPTY,UCREADY,RQEMPTY,>
> twe0:           current  max
> twe0: free      0254     0255
> twe0: ready     0000     0000
> twe0: busy      0001     0130

Drat.  There it is; you've got a command that looks like it's stuck in
the adapter.

> twe0: complete  0000     0014
> twe0: bioq      0000     0001
> twe0: AEN queue head 1  tail 0
> twed: total bio count in 2330109  out 2330108

I didn't see you respond to Mike T - are you using 64k or 128k stripes?

If the latter, try changing the value of TWE_Q_LENGTH in
/sys/dev/twe/twereg.h to 100 and see if you can reproduce it.  I am
worrying about firmware here at the moment; I don't *think* there are any
opportunities in the driver to lose a command.

If this doesn't yield anything (you could try the above anyway), I'll try
to write you some more debugging code to work out what, if anything, is
unique about the command(s) that are getting stuck.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Mike