Date:      15 Jun 2003 20:11:17 +0200
From:      Christian Laursen <xi@borderworlds.dk>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with pcmcia on 5.1-RELEASE

I have just installed FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE on my laptop, and everything
but my trusty pcmcia cdrom drive is working great.

The kernel finds the pcmcia slot:

cbb0: <ToPIC100 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 11.0 on pci0
cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0

However, when I insert the card, I get the following:

pccard0: <unknown card> (manufacturer=0xffffffff, product=0xffffffff) at function 0
pccard0:    CIS info: FREECOM, PCCARD-IDE, REV836

>From what I can read in /etc/defaults/pccard.conf, this device is
supposed to be supported (And it always worked fine under linux).

I have put pccard_enable="YES" in my rc.conf, but pccardd doesn't start
because there is no /dev/card0.

Does anyone have a hint, that will help me get this working?

Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards
    Christian Laursen