Date:      Sun, 15 Jun 2008 02:05:07 +0100
From:      Chris Whitehouse <cwhiteh@onetel.com>
To:        RW <fbsd06@mlists.homeunix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to view environment variables

RW wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 00:27:10 +0100
> Chris Whitehouse <cwhiteh@onetel.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> sysutils/fusefs-ntfs/files/README.FreeBSD refers to various
>> environment variables, eg UBLIO_BLOCKSIZE and others. How do I find
>> out what they are set to? set and printenv don't find them. I'm using
>> standard csh and FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE, fuse.ko is loaded and ntfs-3g
>> works except it seems very slow.
>
> If you didn't set them, they probably aren't set. You'll need to
> consult the fusefs-ntfs documentation (or source) to find the default
> value.

I think this explains part of my confusion. If the variables are not set
ntfs-3g assumes some defaults (in README.FreeBSD) but doesn't set them
as environment variables. I thought ntfs-3g would actually set them. I
still don't know how to view them when I have explicitly set them, as
per previous reply to Robert Huff.

eco# env UBLIO_BLOCKSIZE=65536 ntfs-3g /dev/ad0s1 /ad0s1
eco# setenv |grep UBLIO
eco#

Chris