Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 1995 04:14:03 -0800
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-current-stable ???

>But anyway, here goes:  I intend to continue to isolate the scope of
>variables as far as I can get it.  This may from time to time make
>a custom kernel uncompilable, as my test-set is GENERIC and LINT.

   Please don't lose sight of the fact that changes like this can very easily
introduce new bugs. Our linker doesn't complain about multiple declarations
of a common symbol...so if these exist, making variables that are supposed to
be common into private/static will introduce "interesting" new bugs.

-DG