Date:      Tue, 8 Nov 2005 16:47:12 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Derrick MacPherson <dm@mainframe.ca>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: setting a quotas default

In the last episode (Nov 08), Derrick MacPherson said:
> On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 20:26 -0800, Derrick MacPherson wrote:
> > i have proftpd getting users out of a mysql DB, and it's set to
> > create home dirs automaticaly; how do i get there to be a quota
> > automaticaly be placed on the users?
>
> can this not be done?

What I do is just "prefill" the quotas for as many users as you expect
to have, using the edquota command.  Assuming your uids start at 1000
and you already have user 1000's quotas set:

 edquota -p 1000 1001-2000

will copy userid 1000's quotas to the next 1000 users to get created.
If proftpd can run a script when it creates a user, you could set the
quota in there.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com