Date:      Thu, 06 Apr 2000 21:07:49 -0400
From:      "David Nixon" <david.nixon@mantech.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <cokane@one.net>
Subject:   Re: Attachments request -OOOOOPS

If line length is an unspoken rule then someone needs to speak it.  And =
maybe you should check how many characters per line you are cranking out.

To answer your personal assertions: no I am not a CNE or CNA, I am trained =
in UNIX and NT security.  The company here doesn't solely run on Novell.

David A. Nixon
Network Security Engineer
ManTech International Corp.   www.ManTech.com=20

>>> Coleman Kane <cokane@one.net> 04/06/00 07:44PM >>>
David Nixon had the audacity to say:

<snipers>

> Inserting hard carriage returns at every 80 characters (right hand
> margin) is neither a standard nor a requirement. Please be kind
> enough to point me and the rest of this mailing list to a FAQ or
> an RFC that specifies that carriage returns MUST be used. That way
> the Mailing List Police can directly quote the text to those of us
> "nonconformists".

It's a rather unspoken rule that has been followed by everyone up until
the new gaggle of HTML emailers that obviously don't give a rats ass
what your mail looks like under and other mailer. It's kind of like
turning off the bold colon in IRC.

<snippers>