Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 2002 17:57:19 +0200
From:      Ralph Kube <ralph_kube@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   netmos parallel port card pci

Hi,
I', new to FreeBSD and I got stuck with a hardware problem. I bought a
parallel port pci card and then I found out that FreeBSD isn't
supporting it. There appears to be a patch for NetBSD so that it
supports it via their puc(4) driver.
pciconf categorizes it into 'simple comms' (0x078000),the device name is
'Nm9805 PCI + 1284 Printer Port'. I was looking around and found the
file sys/dev/puc/pucdata.c within the kernel sources. What effect would
it have if i would create an additional entry for that card?
Or better, which files need to be modified to support this card.
Thank you in advance,
Ralph Kube