Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:27:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Lanny Baron <lnb@heretic.cybertouch.org>
To:        Fred Lomas <aj@8hill.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mounting a CD Drive

Hi,
I have one of my SCSI cdroms set to mount easily in /etc/fstab. I will
show you my entry. As root, cd / then mkdir /cdrom (you can use /mnt but
why not call it what it is).
/dev/cd1c	/cdrom  cd9660 	ro,noauto	0	0

considering what you have said below, you might want to put /dev/wdc1 if
that is what it shows up as when you boot.

By putting the entry above (and don't forget to change /dev/cd1c to YOUR
cdrom) you can then do as root, mount /cdrom
and it's mounted. Don't forget to put in the cdrom first :-) and you will
have to umount /cdrom to take out the cdrom.

-lnb