Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 2002 12:31:13 +1030
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD current users <FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   This kernel lacks ppp support?

I've just tried to start pppd on two different -CURRENT machines, one
built on 26 October, the other on 5 November.  In each case I get the
following message:

  pppd: This system lacks kernel support for PPP.  To include PPP support
  in the kernel, please follow the steps detailed in the README.bsd
  file in the ppp-2.2 distribution.

Both kernel config files contain the requisite

 options ppp

In addition, I don't see anything looking like ppp-2.2.  Is this a
bogon in the import of pppd?

Greg