Date:      Tue, 8 Mar 2011 23:42:16 +0000
From:      Dru Lavigne <drulavigne@sympatico.ca>
To:        <freebsd-doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   offer of space for doc sprint

Hello all=2C

The second conference on open source documentation teams will be held in Ci=
ncinnati=2C Ohio from Friday=2C June 3 to Monday=2C June 7:

http://openhelpconference.com/index.html

I was at the first conference 2 years ago and it was a great experience to =
have the opportunity to talk to other doc teams (KDE=2C GNOME=2C XFCE=2C et=
c.) and to discuss how every team shares the same problems=2C no perfect to=
ols exist=2C what tools are available=2C and general brainstorming on how t=
o attract new blood=2C streamline processes=2C etc.

The conference organizers have offered space to the FreeBSD doc team to hol=
d a doc sprint=3B in addition to a physical space for those who can travel =
to the conference=2C there will be a bigbluebutton.org video conferencing b=
ridge available so that remote sprinters can participate. The Foundation ha=
s indicated that they will accept travel grant requests to attend this conf=
erence.

Is anyone interested in participating in a doc sprint on Monday=2C June 7th=
? If so=2C we should set up a page on http://wiki.freebsd.org/Conferences t=
o start brainstorming what we'd like to accomplish=2C participants=2C etc.

Also=2C does anyone know if there are plans for a doc session during the BS=
DCan DevSummit? The FreeBSD Mall is still interested in publishing an updat=
ed version of the Handbook and I'd like to start brainstorming on tasks and=
 dates so that that can become an achievable goal.

Cheers=2C

Dru
 		 	   		  =