Date:      Mon, 3 Aug 1998 15:37:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   really need help with installation

i'm still having problems doing an install,
i installed PICO bsd and heavily modified it to support an installation
with a 905b card.

(added cpio, fdisk, disklabel....)

now what i do is this:

boot PICObsd, ftp sysinstall over from my machine (same build) because
sysinstall is too large to be compiled into the boot floppy.

anyhow everything seems to work, but sysinstall can't find my Disks for
some reason, i've read through the source... and like urm i'm confused
as hell as to why sysinstall can't see my disks, but fdisk and disklabel
CAN....

i practically have all my options from a kernel that has no problems in
the PICObsd kernel.

practically by now i could have done "make release" unfortunatly i thought
i could 'fenangle' my way out of doing it with some creative ideas...

(btw, the whole point of me doing this is to be able to install on a
machine with a 905b, the xl driver) also i thought it would be a neat
excersize... hehhe, maybe not ;)

-Alfred,
--

Programmer @ HotJobs Inc. [- http://www.hotjobs.com/ -]

There are operating systems, and then there's BSD.
http://www.freebsd.org/