Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:36:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        andyo@prime.net.ua (Andy V. Oleynik)
Cc:        cjclark@home.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SSH X Forwarding

osAndy V. Oleynik wrote,
[Charset koi8-r unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]
> Hmm..U ssh'ed from local X host to remote X host?
> Yes?

In the sense that I am ssh'ing between two machines with X installed
and X is running on the machine at which I am sitting, yes.

However, I am fairly sure xhost has nothing to do with this. For
example, I am sitting at a machine at work right now ssh'ed into my
home PC. My home PC is where the emacs window in which I am writing to
you is running, but it is (obviously) showing up here on my X machine
at work. My local machine has only itself in its xhost list (despite
the fact I am ssh'ed into 2 machines with working X connections). The
remote machine contains my local machine in its xhosts list. If I try
to remove it, the removal is successful, but it immediately pops back
up.

All of that tells me that ssh is doing all of this for me.

Of course, on the machine giving me problems, I cannot verify that it
is including me in xhosts since the xhost command fails.