Date:      Sun, 15 Sep 2002 19:27:50 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Muhannad Asfour <muhannad07@cogeco.ca>
Cc:        patrick@mindstep.com, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: mod_dav-1.0.3

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 11:52:17AM -0400, Muhannad Asfour wrote:
> I recently tried to install mod_dav for my Apache webserver running on
> FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE and I used to get this weird error:=20
> "Syntax error on line 243 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:=20
> Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/libdav.so into server:
> /usr/local/libexec/apache/libdav.so: Undefined symbol
> "XML_SetElementHandler"=20
> /usr/local/sbin/apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started".
> Anyway, after I posted to BSDForums.org, I found out it would work if I
> modified the Makefile for mod_dav.  I just added
> "--with-expat=3D{PREFIX}", now mod_dav works perfectly, so I would
> recommend that you add that to the Makefile to save some users the
> hassle.
>=20
> You can read my whole post as well as the replies here:
>=20
> http://www.freebsdforums.org/forums/showthread.php?s=3D&postid=3D15755#po=
st1
> 5755

Without actually trying it, or reading the freebsdforums thread,
may I just comment that '--with-expat=3D${LOCALBASE}' would be better
in style than '--with-expat=3D${PREFIX}'.

Other than that, the change looks harmless.

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
If this sentence didn't exist, somebody would have invented it.

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG--