Date:      Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:37:52 -0400
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   UPDATE [Re: Challenge during the ports freeze]

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 05:15:47PM -0400, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Currently there are about 350 ports that are broken on i386 6.0 (see
> http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-6-failure.html).  Since
> we're now in ports freeze, it's the perfect time to take a look at
> some of these ports and see about fixing them.  Many of them are easy
> to fix, they just require a few moments of care and attention.
>=20
> Let's see if we can get the number down to below 200 (1.5% of the
> ports collection) during the next 2 weeks.  That would be a great
> achievement for 6.0-RELEASE!

Thanks to the efforts of several people, we're down to just under 300,
and since the freeze has been extended so that users will have the
chance to test packages with the next -BETA3, there's still plenty of
time to fix more packages.

I really encourage you all to take a look at

  http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-6-failure.html

and work on fixing some of these errors, to help give 6.0-RELEASE the
best possible ports collection during this period of testing and
improvement.

Kris

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy--