Date:      Wed, 02 Jan 2002 11:25:06 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Strange problem with 3 kernel options

OK, a quick update. I tried building another machine with the same hardware
(minus the realtek) and it works just fine.  Its not nearly as busy as the
one that failed.  However, I did notice that the quota.users files on the
two partitions had strange time stamps of the last access.  Is it possible
that the OS was unable to write to these corrupted files, and this is where
everything was holding up ?  Anyways, I blew away those files and will try
a reboot in the early hours to see if that makes a difference-- i.e. with a
freshly created quota.user file.

         ---Mike