Date:      Wed, 6 Oct 1999 07:25:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ada <acheng@barrow.uwaterloo.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Possible to use plugins under the native FreeBSD netscape with XSwallow

Hello,
	I have just install rvplayer 5.0 (just upgrade to version 3.3).  I
was able to play already download .rm file but was unable to play
streaming audio directly from Netscape.  After searching through the
mailing list archives, I learned that I need to use the Linux version of
Netscape in order for the plugins to work.  However, I came upon one
message (Title: linux_emu & netscape plug-ins, author robert@namodn.com)
that one can use plugins under the native FreeBSD version via Xswallow.
Is there any disadvantages on doing this?  Or should I just use linux
version of netscape.
Many thanks in advance.
Ada