Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 1997 15:50:12 +0200
From:      Jacques Hugo <jacques@wired.ctech.ac.za>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   questio

Hi there ...

I've got a SCSI tape drive in my box ... and have a question.

Why when you check dmesg, the tape gets probed as st0.
I deducted that this is SCSI TAPE #1.  But when you
tar or dump some filesystem, you must use /dev/nrst0.
Where does the nr come from.

Also, after you have tar -czvf /dev/nrsto /usr/local/httpd
(as an examole), it runs fine.
But how do you untar the files from the tape. xzvf doesn't
do it for me. And how can you list what is on the tape.
Like tar -tzvf ???

Thanks
-Jacques

The box said "Requires Windows 3.1 or better"
			... so I got BSD

System Administrator      | Jacques Hugo
UNIX Systems              | jacques@wired.ctech.ac.za
Cape Technikon            | +27-21-4603584