Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 2002 19:59:26 -0400
From:      ScaryG <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu>
To:        lewiz <purple@lewiz.info>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DMA limited to UDMA33, non-ATA66 compliant cable error msg

On 17 Apr 2002 01:54:30 +0200
lewiz <purple@lewiz.info> wrote:

>   I get the same too.  It seems a bit odd to me, especially since I have
> a UDMA100 cable.

 I know I just have a regular 40-pin IDE cable. And I believe the
motherboard's built-in IDE Controller's don't know about ATA66?

> it.  It's nothing to worry about, as such, although, I agree, it would
> be nice to sort out what's going on :)

 Awh, but it *is* something to worry about, as it's preventing me from
writing data from the HD to the CD-Burner....

 As I noted in my original post...

 I have the new Maxtor (as master)  + 40X CD (as slave) on the 1st IDE
Channel Then the HP CD-Writer as master on the 2nd IDE Channel

 I assumed that was a good way to do it.  If necessary, I can remove the
extra 40X CD from the 1st IDE Channel (it's not really needed anyway) but
before I started "guessing" I was hoping somebody on the list may be able
to offer some first hand knowledge on this issue.

-gf