Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2002 01:47:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet1.pcnet.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        Kevin Day <toasty@shell.dragondata.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, bde@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: function name collision on "getcontext" with ports/editors/joe

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Bruce Evans wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> > What do you recommend we do?  Should we not include <sys/ucontext.h>
> > from <sys/signal.h>, or do what Solaris does, or just leave
> > everything as is?
>
> Don't include <sys/ucontext.h> from <sys/signal.h>, and fix whatever
> breaks.  I think applications that use the new sigreturn can be required
> to include both <signal.h> and <ucontext.h>.  There should be fewer
> of them than there used to be -- they can now use setcontext().  The
> old sigcontext/sigreturn stuff should be cleaned up too (don't export
> it to userland).

Finally getting buildworld to work again...

More problems in the kernel though.  ucontext_t is used as a
parameter to sigreturn (and getsetcontext soon), so it is
referenced in <sys/sysproto.h>.  Lots of stuff includes
<sys/sysproto.h>.  Do we,

  a) Include <sys/ucontext.h> conditionally from
     <sys/signal.h> based on _KERNEL, or
  b) Change makesyscalls.sh to emit #include\t<sys/ucontext.h>
     when generating sysproto.h, or,
  c) Add includes for <sys/ucontext.h> to all files that
     include <sys/sysproto.h>

--
Dan Eischen