Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 2010 12:20:21 +0100
From:      Francisco de Borja =?ISO-8859-1?Q?L=F3pez_R=EDo?= <borja@pexego.es>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Current status of www/cherokee

Hi all.

I've been trying to use Cherokee in one of my projects, but seems there
are some issues with cherokee in FreeBSD
(http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=617)

Is there anyone using cherokee, or is it broken in FreeBSD?

If it is broken, shouldn't we mark it as broken?

The port builds and installs correctly, but as soon as I've tried to
start it, I got:

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/cherokee start
Starting cherokee.
Could not create semaphore: Function not implemented
(warning) Couldn't initialize spawn mechanism.
pub# [25/01/2010 11:06:45.670] (error) logger_writer.c:181 - Logger writer (file): Could not read the filename.
Couldn't read the config file: /usr/local/etc/cherokee/cherokee.conf

Trying to start it from the admin site (which works perfectly) didn't
work properly either, I got this message:

Could not launch the server
Unknown Error
Something unexpected just happened.
Could not access file descriptors: [3, 5]

Best regards.

--

"Do nothing which is of no use." - Miyamoto Musashi
Francisco de Borja Lopez Rio (borja@pexego.es)