Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 01:25:02 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   switch,hub,100Mbit ethernet

Hello

first of all this is not directly related to FreeBSD
I just use freebsd as operating system on my servers that is all
I hope somebody may I understand my problem

I have 1 cisco catalyst 1900 switch, 1 HP 8 port 10mbit hub
and some ethernet cards, normal 10 mbit ones and
intel and 3com 100mbit

well the hub, router and some other computers are connected
to switch and I connect to my pc's to hub and they all work
just fine with 10mbit NICs but when I put 100mbit NICs to
the machines and connect them to hub, I am not able to see
the other machines connected to the switch but I am able to see
the machines connected to the hub. then when I connect those
100 mbit ethernet cards to switch then everything works just
fine (my hub is connected one of the 10mbit ports of the switch
and it always work when I connect 100mbit cards to switch
it does not matter 10mbit port or 100mbit port)

what is the problem?