Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2006 01:42:15 -0800
From:      "Jason Vance" <jason@theyhost.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   gmirror and quota corruption

I have a FreeBSD 5.5-STABLE box that is setup with a gmirror RAID 1 using
two identical harddrives.

I installed quotas on the filesystem by enabling it 'options QUOTA' and
rebuilding the kernel. I added userquota to the /etc/fstab for the /usr
partition and I added 'enable_quotas=YES' and 'check_quotas=NO' to the
/etc/rc.conf file thinking i can get it to build the quota table on the fly
instead of it doing that at boot time.

The system boots up but as soon as I do any disk access ie 'repquota -a' or
write a file to the harddrive, the system hangs. I can still connect to the
various services via telnet to their port, but none of them respond.

Now that I've disabled quotas I am able to use the system however fsck has
reported many various file corruptions and destroyed some of my important
system files.

Is there a known conflict between gmirror and a quota enabled filesystem?
How can I properly set these up?