Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 1996 08:51:54 -0500
From:      Jerry Kendall <jerry@border.com>
To:        Sergio de Almeida lenzi <lenzi@bsi.com.br>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail -> uucp

I have my system at home setup to do a similar type of arrangement.
The only catch is, I do uucp across my PPP link. If the link is up,
the connection to the the uucp site is done. If the PPP link is done,
it does a standard UUCP/modem call to do its work...

I don't know if this will work for you. My primary mail transport is
across UUCP. This means your UUCP system has to be configured for TCP.

Then you have to configure your UUCP 'sys' file to try TCP first
then if that fails, try UUCP/modem/dialup....

If you need examples, let me know....

On Fri, 16 Feb 1996, Sergio de Almeida lenzi wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Can someone help me please.
> I need to setup both sides of an mail connection.
> One side is and ISP (bsi.com.br) running sendmail (200.250.250.14)
> the other side is my home (200.250.250.78). The sites will be connected
> by uucp. The uucp setup is ok as I can copy files from my home to the ISP.
>
> When there is a ppp link, sendmail works ok. But, If the ppp link is down,
> it queues the message, and does not invoke uucp.
>
> Can someone send me the sendmail.cf and/or the switches (-b -q....) for
> the sendmail program?
>

> Thanks in Advance,
>
> Sergio Lenzi.

Any comments or opinions in this message are my own and may or may not reflect
the comments or opinions of my present or previous employers.

                    Jerry Kendall      Border Network Technologies Inc.
         System Software Engineer      Tel +1-416-368-7157 ext 303
                 jerry@border.com      Fax +1-416-368-7178