Date:      Sun, 08 Aug 1999 09:00:27 -0700 (MST)
From:      vagner@WWW.TIMANDPATRICK.COM
To:        "Jonathan D. Proulx" <jon@osfn.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Modem not responding at install

you need to specify a label that is in your ppp.conf file

such as

dial myisp

or dial PAPorCHAP

whatever section you choose to use.

i just edited the PAPorCHAP section and changed the label to pap
and edited the set login, set auth sections and it works by "dial pap"

hope this helps

----------------------------------
E-Mail: vagner@vagner.com or kf7nn@kf7nn.com
Date: 08-Aug-99
Time: 08:57:34

Clarke's Third Law:
        Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
magic.

G's Third Law:
        In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe
is composed of only two basic substances: magic and bullshit.

H's Dictum:
        There is no magic ...

This message was sent using FreeBSD Unix.