Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 1999 17:51:19 +0200
From:      Martin Knotek <martin.knotek@berit.cz>
To:        "FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org" <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Radiator controller via serial mouse interface?

Hi all.
I'm completly new to BSD and pure English writing, so be patient:)

I've an idea of ``controlling" (read rotating:-) knob (with thermostat) on
my room radiator, which has been heated centrally. To keep things as simple
(and cheap:-) as possible, I suppose to operate the knob using an DC motor
(rotation in both directions) switched by an optron(s) and a rellay(s). And
scan the actual rotation through another optron in a similar way how are
these things done in a mouse. And finally to modify a serial mouse driver
for this ``device".

Does it sound clever or stupid? Have ever someone done something similar?
Your questions, answers, opinions and advices are welcomed!

Many thanks in advance.
		Martin Knotek