Date:      Sun, 02 Mar 2003 13:31:21 -0500
From:      Tom Parquette <tparquet@twcny.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvs mirror question

I have cvsup-mirror installed (using the desfault paths) and I recently
installed svsweb.
I was looking at the cvsweb conf file and I started wondering if
accepting the cvsup-mirror defaults was the right thing to do.

Playing with the cvsweb config file, the examples showed "local",
FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and NetBSD as options.
I noticed FreeBSD, OpenBSD and NetBSD all pointed to the same directory.
 Local pointed somewhere else.

If I create a local repository for stuff I try to write (which is SOME
time off in the future :-), I can understand it being in its own directory.
My question is, should I have put FreeBSD into something like
/home/ncvs/FreeBSD instead of /home/ncvs?

Where I am right now, I have trouble understanding the black magic of cvs.
If putting multiple things into /home/ncvs (like FreeBSD, OpenBSD and
NetBSD in this example) is not a problem, can someone explain how cvs is
going to keep things straight?

If I would be better off, long term, moving FreeBSD from /home/ncvs to
/home/ncvs/FreeBSD, can someone outline what I have to do in order to
keep my cvsup-mirror running?
TIA.