Date:      Tue, 25 Sep 2001 01:18:17 -0700
From:      "Gerardo Enrique Paredes" <gerardo_enrique_paredes@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   HELP: My mouse freeze the computer

------=_NextPart_000_0261_01C1455F.F5181390

I just installed FreeBSD 4.2, yes, i am a newbie, just 2 days in the =
daemon world.
I finally could get X 3.3.6 + KDE to work in my own, the problem is that =
if i touch the K in the KDE toolbar, the system freezes and not =
CTRL+ALT+BKSP or any key can get him back to life, in fact, the keyboard =
freezes too, i have read all the questions about this in the mailing =
list, i tried SysMouse, with /dev/sysmouse, i tried Auto  as protocol, i =
tried with any combination i could try, the problem ever ocurred, i am =
thinking now that maybe is not the mouse conf, anyway, my video card =
have a SiS 6326 chipset, Serial cheap mouse, i can give you more info, =
but the FreeBSD machine didn't recognize my NIC, W2K used to say i had a =
NE2000 compatible, i selected that card in the Kernel visual conf, but =
the ed0 interface just isnt there, sorry for talking too much, thanks=20

------=_NextPart_000_0261_01C1455F.F5181390

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I just installed FreeBSD 4.2, yes, i am =
a newbie,=20
just 2 days in the daemon world.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I finally could get X 3.3.6 + KDE to =
work in my=20
own, the problem is that if i touch the K in the KDE toolbar, the system =
freezes=20
and not CTRL+ALT+BKSP or any key can get him back to life, in fact, the =
keyboard=20
freezes too, i have read all the questions about this in the mailing =
list, i=20
tried SysMouse, with /dev/sysmouse, i tried Auto&nbsp; as protocol, i =
tried with=20
any combination i could try, the problem ever ocurred, i am thinking now =
that=20
maybe is not the mouse conf, anyway, my video card have a SiS 6326 =
chipset,=20
Serial cheap mouse, i can give you more info, but the FreeBSD machine =
didn't=20
recognize my NIC, W2K used to say i had a NE2000 compatible, i selected =
that=20
card in the Kernel visual conf, but the ed0 interface just isnt there, =
sorry for=20
talking too much, thanks </FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0261_01C1455F.F5181390--