Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 20:11:27 -0500
From:      "Danny" <eyezonme@gmx.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mult subnets, same gateway

In addition to not being able to use the additional IP address, I am
constantly getting arp errors as follows:

	Dec 18 19:56:42 hiteknology /kernel: arp: 192.68.223.1 is on ep1
but got reply from 00:05:9a:d3:1c:a8 on rl0

ep1 is the interface using the IP (192.68.223.142) on the same subnet as
the gateway (192.68.223.1), and rl0 is the second IP on the different
subnet (192.68.224.142). I am absolutely lost here, but I am going to
keep trying because I did manage to get it up and running last week
after about 3 hours of tweaking the routing tables and whatnot (I tested
the ability to use both IP's using an IRC client with the '-H' switch),
after that though it ceased to work. Any pointers or advice would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Oh, and I did receive a reply in
which the sender inquired as to whether or not I was 'faking' the IP's.
These are examples, yes, but the format is the same as the network I am
dealing with.

> Hey, on my 4.4 machine I currently have 2 nics. From my cable
> company I have 2 IP's, both of which use the same gateway
(192.68.223.1)